Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes also contain no added sugar. The natural sweetness in the bananas really shines through in this recipe.
We added a hint of cinnamon. It’s a banana bread in a pancake! With or without real Canadian maple syrup, the whole family will enjoy these pancakes.
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
- 2 medium stainless steel bowls
- stainless steel whisk
- 1 large stainless steel bowl
- potato masher
- wooden spoon
- pancake griddle
- stainless steel spatula
- 1 1/3 cups Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 bananas ripe and medium in size
- 6 eggs large
- oil for the pan such as sunflower oil, canola oil or any cooking oil with subtle flavour
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the mashed bananas. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the bananas.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium high heat.
- Add cooking oil of your choice. Allow it to sizzle.
- Drop Gluten Free Banana Pancake batter on the griddle using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the top.
- Flip with a stainless steel spatula.
- Cook until light and fluffy.
- Serve with real Canadian maple syrup, if desired
Chef Tips and Tricks
Why are these Gluten Free Banana Pancakes so light and fluffy?
Thanks for asking! In order to keep these pancakes light, we have added extra baking powder and eggs. Peetz S.M.A.R.T blend is made with high fibre ingredients, that absorb a lot of moisture. The eggs help add more liquid and protein. The baking powder lifts the structure of the pancakes.
How do I make sure pancakes are cooked in the middle?
Heat the griddle or pan to medium-high heat and have the oil sizzling. Then, add the pancake batter. If the heat is too high the pancakes will cook on the outside, before the inside.
Wait until the pancakes start to bubble , about 6 minutes. Then, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
Keeping the pancakes all the same size, by dropping with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, ensure an even cooking time.
Is there something I can add to Gluten Free Banana Pancakes to change up the flavour?
Yes! We like whole pecans or walnuts, to add some bite and protein. One quarter cup to a half cup will do. Leave the nuts whole for best results.
You can also add some chocolate chips, instead of nuts, in equal amounts.
What is Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend made from?
S.M.A.R.T stands for Sorghum, Millet, Arrowroot, brown Rice and Tapioca.
Where can I buy it?
We now have an online store.
You can purchase Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend in 1 kilo, 2 kilo, 3 kilo or 10 kilo bags.