Ultimate S.M.A.R.T. Cookie Base
Version # 1: Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
The Ultimate S.M.A.R.T. Cookie Base Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip has been a family favourite with adults and kids for many years. The versatility of being able to make such a large variety of cookies, that are not only allergen-free but nutritious is why, my daughter now 13 and I, have been baking with S.M.A.R.T. Blend for more than 10 years.
By: Holistic Nutritionist Peter de Hoog from Peetz
I suffer from a leaky gut, which created my food intolerances and sensitivities, and forced me to eat allergen and sugar-free.
North America has been saturated with corn, soy and wheat, for the last 60 years. These allergens have all been altered by science; either stripped, processed, refined, bleached, modified, genetically modified or enriched with 8 synthetic vitamins and minerals.
The gluten-free alternatives are nutritionally void starchy rice surprises, consisting mostly of corn, potato and modified starches along with white or sweet rice.
We are healthiest and strongest when we are closest to nature. This could not be truer than with food. Nature designed us to absorb her bounty, NOT synthetic vitamins and minerals created in a laboratory.
Starch, along with more starch provides NO nutritional value, and is absorbed in the body as sugar. This is the reason gluten-free has the reputation of having the taste, texture and nutrition profile of a bio-degradable packing peanut, starch is heavy and sits in our stomachs like a brick.
S.M.A.R.T. Blend (Sorghum, Millet, Arrowroot, brown Rice, Tapioca)
is the first 60% Superfood & Ancient Whole Grain all-purpose flour that is naturally allergen-free, subsequently gluten-free with NO Corn, Soy, Casein (Dairy), Nuts, Peanuts, Legumes or Pulses.
Surprisingly low in starch with NO potato, corn, or modified starches, white or sweet rice.
is the first nutritious blend of 60% superfoods & ancient whole grains that naturally nourish the body with more than 15 essential nutrients, digestible vitamins and minerals that provide over 5% of DV for B6, thiamin, niacin and manganese, and has 2g of fibre per 30g serving. Easy to digest because they come from food, not a science lab.
The Ultimate S.M.A.R.T. Cookie Base: Chocolate Chip / Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- 1 Stand mixer 5 or 7 quart is ideal
- 1 Hand mixer with 2 large bowls
- 1 whisk and wooden spoon
- 2 ½ Cups Peetz S.M.A.R.T. Blend Allergen-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
Add the following to make Chocolate Chip
- 1½ Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I use dairy-free chocolate to keep it a dairy-free option.
Add the following to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- 1 Cup oats I prefer full-flaked oats, but quick oats will work just as well.
- 1½ Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips For a guaranteed dairy-free choice, it's crucial to select chocolate that does not contain any dairy.
- 1 Cup Butter / Fat I like to use Lard or vegetable shortening with a couple of drops of butter flavour or Margarine to make it Casein / Dairy-Free
- 1½ Cups Old fashioned Dark Brown Sugar Packed The Brown sugar is what gives the cookies their chewyness.
- ½ Cups White Granulated Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350℉ on convection or regular
- Spray, grease or line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Start by sifting together the dry ingredients; S.M.A.R.T. Blend, baking powder/soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, blend the dry together on low speed for two to 5 minutes and prepare the wet ingredients.
- This step adds lightness, by adding air to the dry ingredients
- Set aside the dry ingredients. In a large bowl prepare the wet.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment whisk together wet; fat, sugar, eggs and vanilla for 1 min.
- Once the wet is ready, switch to the paddle attachment, on low-speed slowly add the sifted, well-blended dry to the wet, and blend until lumpy batter forms.
- Once the dry is well incorporated, mix on medium to high for
- Split the batch in two, to make the two suggested flavours above or mix in the flavour you would like to freeze for next time.
- You can also double up the extra ingredients and just make the whole batch your favourite flavour.
- Using two tablespoons, portion out 12 or 24 balls of dough. Depending on if you decided to freeze half the batch. Press or pat them down on the prepared cookie sheets.
- My daughter and I prefer different cookie textures. She prefers more soft and chewy and I prefer a crispier outside with some chewiness in the center. Baking Instructions:350 °FConvection: 12 to 15 MinutesStandard: 15 to 18 Minutes
- Let the cookies set and cool on the cookie sheets, before transferring to a storage container.
My daughter and I love bringing all our friends together and creating new yummy treats. It is easy to transform any traditional recipe into healthier, certainly more nutritious and amazingly delicious gluten-free treats. With the taste, texture and nutrition profile that far surpasses the competition.
Peetz ultimate S.M.A.R.T. Cookie Base Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
What sets Peetz’s Ultimate S.M.A.R.T. Cookie Base Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip apart from other cookie dough is its versatility. They bake up perfectly every time and provide a crisp outside with a chewy inside.