Gluten Free Pancakes
Gluten Free Pancakes are made with Peetz S.M.A.R.T. Blend, a healthy alternative to many gluten free flours on the market. This flour was designed by our founder and holistic nutritionist, Peter de Hoog.
Our Gluten Free Pancakes bake up light and fluffy, just the way you like them!
Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 cup Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon butter melted and cooled slightly
- vegetable oil or other cooking oil for the pan as needed
- real Canadian maple syrup for the pancakes warmed
- fresh berries for garnish optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together.
- Pour in the milk and melted butter. Whisk again.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry.
- Stir until just combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Drizzle with real Canadian maple syrup and fresh berries if desired.
Keep Reading for More Information and Tricks Below:
What is in Peetz S.M.A.R.T. Blend?
Our flour is a unique blend of healthy ingredients. Let’s give a shout out!
S stands for Sorghum a healthy ancient cereal grain.
M is for Millet a tiny, milled grain that is high in protein.
A is for Arrowroot an easily digestible flour used as a thickening agent.
R stands for Rice. The brown nutrition packed kind!
T is for Tapioca a flour made from the Brazilian cassava root.
How can I tell when it is time to flip the pancakes over?
The pancake will develop tiny bubbles along the edges. This is the indicator that it is time to flip the pancake over.
Why do you suggest that I use a ¼ cup measuring cup for scooping the pancakes into the pan?
Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, ensure these pancakes bake evenly and at the same time. Chef quality pancakes that are all one size! Perfect for brunch and photo ops!
Can I add ingredients to the Gluten Free Pancakes to change up the flavour?
Yes! Try adding 1 cup of mini chocolate chips to the dry ingredients. Or sprinkle wild blueberries on top of each pancake, after first placing in the pan.
Why do you suggest Canadian maple syrup?
We are Canadian and our company is Canadian. So, we are singing the praises of the good things in Canada!