Gluten Free Tart Dough is a recipe from local Ottawa pastry chef Elina Olefirenko.
We gifted her a bag of Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend. Then, for New Year’s Eve, she made some delicious lemon tarts for her Winter Wonderland backyard party.
This is the perfect tart dough anytime you need a dessert that it gluten free. It is also study enough to support any kind of filling.
Once baked the tarts hold up for hours. If of course, you don’t eat every last one by then!
For rolling and storaging the dough, take a look at Gluten Free Tarts 101.
Gluten Free Tart Dough
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons unsalted butter soft
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend
- Set up an electric mixer with bowl and paddle attachment.
- Mix together the butter, coconut sugar, pure vanilla extract and orange zest, until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix until just incorporated.
- Sprinkle in the salt.
- Stop the mixer and add the Peetz S.M.A.R.T Blend all at once.
- Mix just enough to combine.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest in the refrigerator, until ready to roll out and use.
What kind of tarts can I bake with this dough?
You can fully prebake the dough and add the filling once cooled.
Some examples include:
Vanilla Cream Fruit Tarts
Chocolate Cream Fruit Tarts
Chocolate Ganache Tarts
Lemon Curd Tarts
Orange Curd Tarts
Lime Curd Tarts
Lemon Meringue Tarts
You can also partially bake the tart and then cool. Add fillinsg that need to be baked and pop in the oven.
French Lemon Tarts
Maple Syrup Tarts
Vanilla Custard Tarts
Apple Custard Tarts
You can also vary the dough and make
Chocolate Tart Dough
Almond Tart Dough
Walnut Tart Dough
Stay tuned for more recipes in the weeks ahead.
Enjoy baking the S.M.A.R.T way!